Monday, November 25, 2013

What to watch for in 2013 and 2014: Alaska

So, for my election center tab, I'm going to start a series of posts to look at all of the 50 states for their 2014 elections.  I may throw in Washington, DC, too. I can't decide.  I'll update them throughout the year, ultimately offering projections and predictions.  If I get the time, I'd like to have a better know a politician section for all of them, or at least the majority of them.  But I doubt I'll get the time.  But you can check back throughout the year as I update them and the state by state posts.

Governor:
Declared candidates:
Sean Parnell (incumbent): Republican
Gerald "Tap" Heikes, Minister: Republican

Bryon Mallot, Former Mayor of Juneau and Yakutat, executive director of the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation: Democratic
Phil Stoddard, businessman: Democratic

Potential candidates:
Ethan Berkowitz, State Representative 1996-2006: Democratic

Primary: August 19, 2014

Lieutenant Governor:
Declared candidates:
Lesli McGuire, State Senator: Republican
Dan Sullivan, Mayor of Anchorage, former city assemblyman: Republican

Bob Williams, Teacher: Democratic
Hollis French, State Senator: Democratic

Ballot measure:
Alaska Oil Tax Cuts Veto Referendum: Passage of the ballot measure would repeal a bill that grants tax breaks to oil companies

U.S. Senate:
Declared candidates:
Mark Begich (Incumbent): Democratic
Mead Treadwell, Lieutenant Governor of Alaska: Republican
Daniel Sullivan, Alaska Natural Resources Commissioner: Republican
Joe Miller, Former U.S. Magistrate Judge: Republican

Primary: August 19, 2014

U.S. Congress:
Declared candidates:
Don Young (incumbent): Republican
Matt Moore, Businessman: Democratic

No comments:

Post a Comment