Political party: Republican (R)
Current position: State correctional officer, 2009-present
Previous position: Morgan County Commissioner, 2001-2009
Future position: George is running for the Republican nomination in 2014 in the primary against incumbent Governor Robert Bentley.
Previous election: The last election George was involved in was 2008, where he lost in an election to the Morgan County Commission.
- Worked on Governor Guy Hunt's failed third term in 1998
- First Republican elected to the Morgan County Commission
- Opposes the tax credits to parents sending their children to private schools over public schools
- Wants to propose a state lottery to fund public education
- Wants to support legislation to make it a felony to violate Alabama's open meetings law
- Strong advocate for gun rights; wants to be known as the "gun-toting governor"