Political party: Democratic (D)
Current position: Councilman, Omaha City Council, 2009-present
Previous: Top aide to Mayor Mike Fahey; Chairman, Omaha Planning Board
Future: Festersen is running against Rep. Lee Terry (R) in Nebraska's 2nd Congressional District for his seat in Congress.
- Voted in favor of the gay discrimination ordinance. This would prohibit employers from discriminating against employees based on sexual orientation or sexual identity
- Voted against the restaurant sales tax
- Battled former Mayor Jim Suttle with future Mayor Jean Stothert over various budget issues
- Voted against raising property taxes
- Moderate Democrat, considered pro-business
- Voted for the transportation and environmental elements of the city's master plan
- Introduced a measure to increase the amount of police in Omaha
- Supports "truth in sentencing" policies and laws
- Voted in favor of a police auditor
- Supported new grocery opportunities in "food deserts"
- Voted in favor of prioritizing demolition funding to help provide new housing that would be used for affordable housing