Current position: County Executive, Cuyahoga County: 2011-present
Political party: Democratic
Previous position: Mayor of Lakewood, Ohio 2007-2011
Future position: FitzGerald has announced that he will run for Governor of Ohio in 2014. He is the presumptive nominee at this point.
Previous election: 2010 Cuyahoga County Executive:
Ed FitzGerald (D): 45%
Matt Dolan (R): 31%
Public Policy Polling, August 20, 2013
Not Sure: 62%
Ed FitzGerald (D): 38%
John Kasich (R): 35%
Don't know: 27%
- Helped implement a balanced budget in Cuyahoga County without raising taxes
- FitzGerald is a proponent of increasing the minimum wage or otherwise forcing businesses to raise wages to allow people to have a living wage.
- FitzGerald has opposed SB-5 which attempted to strip away collective bargaining rights from employees.
- Implemented universal pre-school in Cuyahoga County
- Established a college savings for children in Cuyahoga County